Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Paranoid

Want a way to make yourself paranoid about your study efforts? Read engineering forums where helpful people tell you what books they used and how they studied. After reading lists as long as my arm, all with different books and people touting minimum 400 hr study requirements I'm thoroughly paranoid about passing. Perhaps this will result in renewed motivation or paranoid buying of expensive reference materials that I'll never have time to get through?

Go here if you need to up your motivation/paranoia: Engineerboards.com

One useful thing that I gleaned after reading through a few threads is that there are way more NEC type questions on recent tests than the PPI book would lead you to believe, given their coverage of the subject. Yay for something I use everyday in my job being on the test.

Oh and the Grainger/Stevenson book is universally beloved. Thank goodness I found an old copy of that one. I got through 3 chapters out this weekend and found it to be well written. I still need to find a source of more practice problems though. One can only do so much reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lise,

    I wanted to share with you my cheat sheets for the Electrical Power PE Exam. I was wondering if I could get your input?

    http://engproguides.com/free-pe-cheat-sheets.html

    Justin Kauwale, PE
    President | Engineering Pro Guides

    ReplyDelete